This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

status

Topics: General
Oct 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Just found rxx - looks great.
Have a >= 2.x releases been officially tabled?
I can self build, but wondering if the project is essentially considered feature-complete then.
thanks
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM
I've actually been planning to release Rxx 2.0 as a NuGet package. There's just some things that I need to do first.
  1. The build system needed some modernization and improvements, so I recently released White Tie which is an evolution of the old Rxx build system. Rxx now depends upon White Tie. It's going to make build management and releases much easier in the future.
  2. I need to match the set of portable libraries that Rx targets. Right now I've restricted Rxx to the targets that I use personally every day, but that's not good enough :-)
  3. I'm working on an unrelated product right now that will probably take me another month or so before it's available for sale, at which point I plan to jump back into Rxx development immediately after that.
My plan is to start by completing this work item because it will give me a chance to review every API with a magnifying glass before releasing Rxx 2.0 as a NuGet package (Edit: NuGet packages, plural). I've learned a lot over the last couple of years and I have many ideas about how I can greatly improve Rxx's code.

I'm now on Twitter @IDaveSexton. When I become more active on Rxx development I'm sure that I'll tweet about it.

- Dave